Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Friendship

When my father passed 10 months ago I realized that I would miss his guidance, his intelligence, his "head thrown back" style laugh when truly delighted, and yes, even his often annoying humming while drumming on the dining room table. I'm not sure when I realized that his duties as "father" had ceased but it wasn't until the last few days of his life I saw that he was truly was an individual person. He had become a friend over the years and I miss that part of our relationship too.

My mother is 90 and not in the best of health. She is frail, can't hear (even with a hearing aid), can't see well and is often forgetful. I treasure the time I still have with her here on the earth plane. I don't think she intend to, but she became a super mom, always there supporting the whole family in church, PTA, Band Boosters, Sports. She was my role model for the kind of relationship I wanted with my children.

Over the years she was my confidant, my helper...... but she is now not able to fill that role any longer. She is an individual person and I still have her even though I am saddened because I have lost my dearest friend. Oh, how that woman could sing!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home