Thursday, October 06, 2011

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Having LONG been a proponent of alternative health practices, I am seeing a board-certified nutritionist that uses kinesiology for testing. All of a sudden I am faced with one of the major problems with American health care -- the quality of our health care is driven by the insurance providers! I can see my allopathic doctor once a month. I pay $25 co-pay and the insurance company pays up to $90. I am given allopathic medicines that have horrible side-effects and have to have additional medications to counter-act them. Of course some of them cost upwards of $140 and I pay $10 with the insurance covering the rest. SO, once a month I'd pay $35 to $45 for care that covers up symptoms and not really gets to the bottom of the cause of the diseases.

So, I am now seeing a nutritionist whose prognosis for healing is far better than the above. The initial meeting was $115, followed closely by two additional testing appointments ($70 each) - so, without any treatment plan or medicinals, $255 has been spent out of pocket. The first supplements suggested (not prescribed) were $87 -- or $342 NOT COVERED by INSURANCE.

Herein lies the dilemma -- who the heck has an extra $342? Which leads to a heap of other questions like - aren't you worth it? Don't you want to take care of yourself? Wouldn't you rather heal instead of cover up symptoms?

These are scary questions for a single working person. The biggest thing I know is that I am so weary of the side effects from the allopathic drugs - and NOT getting any better.

PS - have now lost 27# -- that all helps :)

ss

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home