Monday, September 03, 2012

Time

Four months have passed since even thinking of writing on this blog. In that time My ex-husband passed, my children have had many trials, I have been forced into retirement, and my son't love of gardening has surfaced. There are new and old vegetables being coddled to bearing, exciting new things being learned about plants, and the one acre I owned is being transformed into a producing garden with permanent root crops, (asparagus, artichokes, horseradish) fruits, (grapes, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, apples, peaches, pears, a fig, and wild cherries), 20 different varieties of tomatoes, 2 of peppers, zucchini, acorn and pumpkin. Then, the wild herbs of self-heal and mullein and plantain and the planted of echinacea, lavendar, pineapple sage, sage, and hyssop. Then there is the new lasagna method of gardening in boxes that were constructed by Ted... for next year.

I have had to go through a decompression over the retirement - I can not fully explain how everyone thinks it is so wonderful. I am just weary of it all. Excited about how the land is yielding however.

We have purchased wood, Ted has shared help for wood, we were given wood, and we are negotiating for a fireplace insert for out fireplace. They are very expensive.

And then, there is the writing - having finished my novel, Deadly Game, and realizing it is not long enough for today's marketplace - 40,000 words.  And discovering how talented Ted is when it comes to writing - we co-wrote a story of the solar storms -- fiction based on facts... 19,000 words.

And that is it for this time period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home