Sunday, February 25, 2007

My Friend Jewell's Country Gem

My friend Jewell recently told me of how, as a very young child, she used to walk from her house to her grandparents' house via a country lane. Somehow, by the time she got there she was "sky clad" -- and really enjoying the freedom. Here's a poem she sent to share: Country Lane
You may have been born in the city. You may have not seen a day on the farm.
But, I can tell you how to get there quickly; And it won't do you harm.
Country lane, country lane! What, my friend, is country lane?
It's taking off your clothes & driving down that road. That's what I call country lane.

Life was made for the living; and it's too bad we all can't relate.
But, just because we can't be forgiving, That's no reason to hate.
Country lane, country lane. What, my friend is country lane!
It's taking it all off and working at your job. That's what I call country lane.

I'm sorry some hate their bodies. I'm sorry others love their shame.
But the world should belong to the meek and holy. It's time we stopped honoring the lame.
Country lane, country lane. What, my friend, is country lane?
Its stripping to the buff and enjoying life so much. Thats what I call country lane.

How much do you think freedom should be? Is it worth conflicting with the earth?
Don't tell me it's right to be free; If it means straying from our birth.
Country lane, country lane! What my friend is country lane?
Its wearing only your skin & avoiding the world of sin. That's what I call country lane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home