Friday, June 20, 2008

DISCOVERY

A beautiful 30-year-old friend told me about beginning an exciting regime of weight control and exercise. She said she didn’t want to be overweight, have diabetes, be out of breath climbing the stairs, have a stroke, and just plain look fat 30 years from now. [It struck me, that 30 years her senior, she was describing me.] I applauded her and asked about what she was doing. She told me about “PACE – Rediscovering Your Native Fitness.” Well, I ordered the program on line ($28) and immediately saw the wisdom. After only three days on the program I am amazed at my heart’s response. I am doing sets on my cardio-fit machine. (I used to use it slowly) -- now it is 60 rapidly, rest, 60 rapidly, rest, etc. for 5 times. I sweat.......I breathe hard.........my heart pounds.......I feel good.

Day one - pre-exercise pulse: 66 after exercise: 120 5 minutes later: 96
Day three - pre-exercise pulse: 64 after exercise: 96 5 minutes later: 77

Each day I am using more intensity in the work-out as well. So, what I'm seeing is heart health beginning! I walk from my car to the office every morning -- some times I would have to stop half way up the hill and take a deep breath. This morning, I was at the top of the hill and started down the other side before I realized I wasn't even breathing heavily. AND, that is just in 3 days.

So, I’m chalking this up as a major “life-discovery” – Just sharing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home