Monday, June 21, 2010

Be at Peace, Darling Girl

My sweet Aunt Ethel passed from this life into the next stage of her journey. She passed peacefully, sleeping, and perhaps dreaming of her loved ones who had been visiting her in dreams the last few weeks. She was of Christian faith and is victorious over this life in that fashion.

She was born in Canada in 1917 and lived in Covert, where she graduated from high school, and then in a few places in Hartford. Ethel was the last living member of her generation.

Ethel was an independent gal, never married, sometimes fiery, sometimes soft and gentle. Hmmm, she was a woman that I admired and loved and sometimes made me want to scream. Hmmm, she was a woman; self-made and strong.

A few weeks ago we spoke of her "time" as she called it and I tearfully and laughingly told her I would not cry for her because the next part of her journey would be without pain and disability ... but I would cry for me, because I am going to miss her. We held hands and cried together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home