Monday, August 10, 2009

DEAR RIAL

A dear friend, a mentor, passed into Spirit this past February. I had not been keeping up with him and only learned this yesterday. I absolutely adored Rial Greenman. He came into my life when I was physically ill and emotionally stiffled. He encouraged my writing. He published stories I wrote in his magazine. I didn't know he was the publisher of "Road King" when I met him, and sent him stories about his grandmother, based on the genealogy I'd done for the family. I am sad that I did not make the effort the past couple of years to visit him - although I thought of him everytime I went to Decatur...."someday" I'll visit. "Someday" never came and now, in this life, I won't be able to tell him how significant he was in my spiritual and emotional growth. Dearest Rial, now that you're in spirit, I can only hope you know what a difference you made in my life. You are loved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home