Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Dragon from My Past

When visiting my grandmother while growing up, I’d always stop and look at a particular pitcher in her china cabinet. I wasn’t allowed to touch it until I was at least 12 or so. It is an ugly mustard color and has weird bumps to simulate dragon skin, for wrapped around the pitcher was a dragon with flashing red eyes, tongue, and claws complete with splashes of gold leaf. His body created the handle. and I was utterly fascinated by it.

Visiting my aunt a couple of weeks ago I picked the pitcher up and looked at it, remembering how much I used to stare at it. This past week the pitcher kept coming to mind as I tried to meditate and struggle through allowing the best health plan for my life. I laughed thinking the universe was telling me to be a fire-breathing dragon – or perhaps to eat only what a dragon would eat.


Last night I remembered a book on Chinese medicine I’d purchased in 2003: Traditional Chinese Medicine by Nan Lu, OMD. Oh – the subtitle? “The Dragon’s Way to Natural, Healthy, Lasting Weight Loss.”

In reading it I am impressed that weight loss is NOT the goal – but being healthy and having a balance Qi (Chi, energy) was the goal. So, I am reading, and I will be learning QiGong to balance the organ meridians. My acupuncturist, Carl, has been talking about Liver Heat and how that organ is out of balance.

The “dragon of my past” has confirmed my following the “dragon of my present.”

1 Comments:

At March 26, 2009 5:27 PM, Blogger Daniel D. Ziegler said...

What wisdom is brought to us when we are no longer afraid to embrace things that traditionally we have been taught to fear, such as dragons, serpents. I could add nudity and sex here too. Overcoming fear unleashes wisdom and energy unthought of for most of us. Good work, my friend.
NAKEDan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home