Tuesday, May 01, 2007

TRUTH

NEVER, never ask for the truth unless you are willing to listen! Recently I "skirted" an issue in hopes to understand an emerging situation.......but in asking, the truth became apparent. On one hand, I did not like what I heard. On the other hand, it was important that I heard it. The only way people can have any kind of friendship is with a respect of the another's truth. And, if you still consider yourselves friends then so much the better. I write fiction. I am a fantasy writer. Frankly, at times another's truth is so bothersome that I'd rather immerse myself in fantasies -- so, which is more sane - truth or fantasy?

1 Comments:

At May 01, 2007 10:53 AM, Blogger Daniel D. Ziegler said...

<<-- so, which is more sane - truth or fantasy?>>

Based on the fact that "sanity" is a judgement call based on our present society's arbitray values and norms, perhaps the question is: What is more true to me at this time, fantasy or sanity?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home