Wednesday, July 06, 2011

July 6 -

The headache for lack of caffeine was unpleasant for two days. It is now gone. At the time I thought it may go on forever.
The inability to go to sleep for thoughts running around in my head has dissipated. For a couple of days I thought I'd never get a good night's rest.
The smell of bread toasting almost put me over the edge and I couldn't imagine never having a crunchy roll again.
All the wonderful Michigan fruits are coming on and I just thought how tragic it would be not not have blueberry, cherry, strawberry pie... until one eats them fresh and realizes how wonderful they are that way.

THEN, I got an email from friend, Richard. It was about a horrible polar bear attack on a man -- it had pictures and cautioned you to be prepared. I scrolled down (why did I do that?) anyway, it was a polar bear cub chewing on a man's boot. It had this caption: MAY YOUR TROUBLES ALWAYS BE SMALLER THAN YOUR IMAGINATION!

Thanks, Rich - perhaps it was meant to be a "teaching joke" - but it really hit home to me about the words "never" and "always" and "forever." Our imagination can take something and really blow it out of proportion.

So, I live with out caffeine, flour, and sugar today -- and let tomorrow take care of itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home